~~~ Guest post by Mikeal Brooks ~~~
Veterans & Supporters is an inclusive Employee Resource Group (ERG) that helps people of all branches within the armed forces. Members may be veterans, Reserve or National Guard members, family members of a veteran, or simply an individual who desires to support members. Our chapter in Utah consists of a large veteran base, but we also have a significant amount of support from non-veterans. The group is designed to support veterans at Dell EMC as well as give back to the community.
- Hire 2 Hero recruiting event for military personnel
- Fisher House Landscaping project – Donated and provided volunteers hours to restructure and clean up the fisher house in SLC. We also re-painted storage boxes and had an opportunity to meet with some of the residents seeking medical treatment at the VA.
Fisher House volunteers
- Fundraising for the SLC honor flights – The campaign is currently ongoing. We’re raising money to help the honor flights transport several WW2 and Korean war veterans back to DC for a ribbon cutting ceremony for new monuments.
- We have sponsored several events and conducted signing ceremonies with the ESRG.
- We have paid for and served breakfast to the Honor Flights, and served dinner to Fisher House residents.
|Honor Flights Veterans|
- We donated wheel chairs to the Honor Flights Foundation.
|Victoria Chadwick, Richard Vigor, and Judy Lemmons with the |
three wheelchairs donated to the Utah Honor Flight