First Oklahoma City and now Nashville . . . I'm getting some great exposure to large non-HQ locations for our new combined company. And they have been impressive! The Nashville team is a powerhouse with a great history. Just like OKC, they have their own cool Dell Nashville overview video. At one point in time, Nashville had many different business units, but it is now largely a sales operation. That said, the diversity of the sales teams and functions is huge. They support sales for everything we make, both large and small to just about every customer that might buy it, both large and small. One of the big historical functions is still performed in Nashville, but by a partner: GENCO, which will soon be rebranded to FedEx Supply Chain. Here are a few other takeaways about Dell Nashville:
- Easy access - The office is just minutes from the airport and major roadways. It isn't in the thick of downtown, but it isn't far away either. The facility address is 1 Dell Parkway 😊
- Welcoming facilities - The building isn't brand new, but it is in great shape. And since it has been there for a while it is surrounded by beautiful trees, including some mature magnolias that were in bloom. The Customer Solutions Center was particularly engaging and impressive.
- Large, diverse population - There are a lot of cool people working in a variety of functions. Our strong Employee Resource Groups (ERG) are further example of the spirit of diversity & inclusion that exist there (Pride, Black Networking Alliance, Women in Action, Veterans, GenNext, etc.).
- Heavy involvement in the community - In addition to the ERG's, there is a committee to coordinate the many different ways that our Nashville team gives back. Some of the bigger partnerships are with Ronald McDonald House, YWCA, and Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Strong local leadership - The governance model for the site includes a leadership team that meets on a regular basis as well as an extended team that includes leaders from the Employee Resource Groups. They all have regular “day jobs,” but are willing to devote time to site-wide programs that make Dell Nashville a Great Place to Work. To mention a few names . . . Eric, Carnell, Tom, Daniel, Susan, Jana, Megan, Angie, Julian, Orlando, Nikki, Amanda, & Andrea.
We already have the first person lined up to move from Utah to Tennessee! I couldn't be happier for everyone involved.
|Great icon in the lobby to let you know where you are!|
|In front of the Customer Solutions Center|
|Inside the Customer Solutions Center|
|Rack-sized gear in the training lab|
|Exciting event to educate internal teams on new Dell monitors|
|It wouldn't be an event in Nashville without some live music, right?|
|Leadership meeting with ERG teams|
|Tour of the configuration & distribution center|
|Awesome display for Dell Rugged gear (Note the laptops under each tire!)|
|Nashville Fitness Center - One of several great amenities|