There are several important information technology associations and groups in Utah . .
- Utah Technology Council (UTC) - A 25-yr old institution with a dedicated, paid staff and membership including some of the state's largest tech organizations. Among other things, they lobby hard for tech-friendly legislation and run an impressive annual Hall of Fame event with top-shelf keynotes, like Apple's Tim Cook.
- Women Tech Council (WTC) - The leading organization for tech women in Utah with a volunteer staff and a direct line into top female executives. Their unique SheTech event inspires thousands of young women each year and their annual award event is equally inspiring for those who are more experienced.
- Beehive Startups - The newest organization focusing on the hottest, newest tech companies in the state. The team includes talented journalists, event producers and professional networkers.
- Silicon Slopes - The organization and the brand that permeates the state . . . and the country. We are all grateful to Josh James for getting this initiative off the ground.
- Start Foundation - A new non-profit initiative to help unify many of the tech initiatives in the state and connect us to other groups around the country.
- Association for Information Management (AIM) - An association for IT executives and professionals in the state with several sub-groups and committees, including security and big data. They have monthly educational luncheons and a variety of other events.
- Utah Data Center Consortium (UDCC) - A small, but fascinating collection of data center operators, providers and related ecosystem companies in Utah.
There are quite a few national or international organizations that have a presence in Utah too (e.g., Society of Women Engineers). There are also lots of other forums and user groups . . . Big Data Utah, UHUG, URUG, UJUG, and many more! Please comment to provide information about other groups you're aware of.
|Receiving Trustee of the Year award from UTC Chairman Chet Linton (right) & UTC CEO Rich Nelson (left).|